Always aware that its activities involve an unavoidable environmental impact and in order to minimise this, Cementos Tudela Veguín has chosen to implement an Environmental Management System based on Standard ISO 14001:2004 in its installations, to integrate environmental protection in the performance of its general management.
For this reason, Cementos Tudela Veguín is committed to:
- Comply with all the applicable legal requirements and with any other the organisation endorses.
- Prevent, reduce and eliminate, as far as possible, the environmental impact of its activities.
- Achieve the greatest degree of efficiency in the use of the natural and energy resources employed, encouraging the use of cleaner energies.
- Sensitising the personnel linked to Cementos Tudela Veguín for it to fulfil its role in the environmental management of the factory.
- Promote the reuse, recycling and recovery of the materials used, reducing and, whenever possible, avoiding the generation of waste.
- Review its environmental policy making the new environmental demands its own, always with a permanent approach seeking continuous improvement.
As a company, we understand our enormous responsibility towards our employees, the towns and cities where we operate, the environment and society in general. Therefore, at Cementos Tudela Veguín we seek the best practices regarding management and quality to guarantee the correct balance between our activities and the surrounding environment.
The concern for conservation and cleaning up the forest heritage of society is reflected in the actions carried out continuously in the hills surrounding the quarries of the Masaveu Industria factories, where intense cleanup, repopulation and silvicultural improvement work is carried out.
This minimises the environmental impact and favours an optimisation in the use of natural resources, reducing their utilisation as far as possible. This involvement allows us to maintain our full commitment to our natural environment.
For a few years now and in collaboration with the schools nearby, Cementos Tudela Veguín has been organising sessions in which the kids plant an autochthonous with their names.
The manufacture of Portland cement and clinker, as the main activities of the industrial branch of Corporación Masaveu, are the processes with the greatest impact on the environment, therefore being the ones on which the greatest investment has been made to minimise their effects.
The technological renewal performed in the past decade has allowed Cementos Tudela Veguín to obtain the lowest CO2 emissions per final product unit in the sector, positioning itself remarkably well in some of the key aspects to fight against the climate change with regard to the objectives set at a worldwide level.
In the past decade, the investment for the implementation of more efficient production processes and, therefore, with a lower environmental impact, and that for the implementation of measures minimising the unavoidable impacts deriving from our activities, amounts to over €138 M, quantifying our environmental commitment in a objective manner.
© Copyright – Cementos Tudela Veguín 2022
Calle Argüelles, 25· 33003· Oviedo· T. 985 981 100
Design and developer by Semilla Proyectos